Anyone can find themselves in financial difficulty and there’s no shame in seeking help.
Applying for a grant from retailTRUST can help you deal with immediate financial priorities, and applications will not affect your credit rating. All applications are confidential. We will require proof of eligibility which may require you to contact your employer or HR team to obtain a confirmation letter of employment.
Who can apply?
Grants are available to those working in the retail sector as well as the supporting service industries including:
- Supply chain
- Food distribution
- Pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
To qualify for a grant, applicants must have worked in retail or an associated industry (listed above) for a minimum of three months, or meet the following criteria:
All applications are assessed on their own merit and are not available to individuals with over £6,000 in savings. Please note that an application is not a guarantee of a grant award. However, our grants team review each application on an individual basis to ensure qualifying applications are approved.
What do our grants cover?
Our grants exist to support individuals who find themselves in urgent financial need for whatever reason. The following is not an exhaustive list but are amongst the most common reasons colleagues apply for a grant:
- Meeting priority household bills such as arrears in council tax, rent, mortgage or utilities
- The impact of COVID-19
- Leaving an abusive relationship
- Avoiding or dealing with homelessness
- Fuel poverty
- Replacing essential whitegoods such as a cooker or a refrigerator
- Essential home adaptations or improvements
- Essential items for babies or children such as a cot or other necessity
- Help towards the cost of a dependent’s funeral
- Food vouchers
- Medical appliances not covered under the NHS
- Home repairs, adaptions and improvements to help make life easier for people living with a disability or long-term health condition
- Travel costs to visit your sick child or other dependant in hospital
- Respite breaks for carers.
What information will I need to apply?
To learn more about the application process, please click here.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties you might find it useful to take a look at the debt support services available through PayPlan.