Developing future retail leaders
The new Retail Leader Apprenticeship Degree is the first initiative of its kind for the sector. The programme enables you to study towards a Bachelor degree and enhance your career in retail.
- You can complete the degree you always wanted to study.
- The programme is funded through the apprenticeship levy at no cost to you.
- You will develop the skills and knowledge directly relevant to your company.
- A fantastic opportunity to progress your retail career.
Who can apply for the programme?
The apprenticeship degree is suited to individuals looking to begin or develop a career in a variety of positions including:
- Store manager
- Head of department
- Operations, area and regional manager.
How does it work?
You will work full-time, while studying towards a Bachelor degree, accredited at your preferred university.
Academic learning is integrated with practical on-the-job experience. A blended approach to learning combines face-to-face training with online learning, research and assessment activities.
You can negotiate projects with your company so that you can apply the learning directly to your organisation and its business context.
Areas of study
You will learn about the following areas:
- The retail landscape, now and in the future, looking at UK and global developments
- Product life cycles
- Retail innovation, and the digital challenge
- Marketing and the customer
- Supply chain management
- Finance, data and management information
- The impact of change on people.
You will develop strategic, technical, managerial and leadership retail skills including:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the retail sector, and how to influence the whole retail journey: ‘cotton plant to coat-hanger or farm to fork’
- Coaching and empowering teams to deliver first class retail performance
- Delivering maximum profit through lowest possible cost delivery
- How to increase spend per head and basket value
- Identifying how to be better than competitors and grow market share
- Ensuring high visual merchandising standards – in-store and / or online including inventory management through effective stock control and merchandising processes
- Being responsible for a productive retail business – right product, right place, right time by the right people
- Identifying ways to offer innovative customer service
- Driving retail performance – sales and profitability
- Understanding and responding to the needs of customers
- Reviewing, analysing and making changes to the retail business
- Driving retail KPIs including increase spend per head, visitor or traffic conversion and average order value (website sales).
Speak to your employer to check they are supporting the Retail Leader Apprenticeship Degree. For more information, email [email protected]