Applications for grants from retailTRUST are submitted through our dedicated grants portal. Before you start your application, we recommend that that you familiarise yourself with the process detailed below and check that you meet the eligibility criteria.
How do I apply for a grant?
You can apply for financial help on our dedicated grants portal. You’ll need to create a separate account as part of the application process. You can use the same email address and password you entered for access to myrtwellbeing.org.uk for ease of remembering your log-in credentials.
As you proceed through the application process, you will be asked to provide a range of information that will be used by our grants team to process your application.
Remember that applying for a retailTRUST grant is confidential. None of the information provided will be shared outside of retailTRUST, and applications do not affect your credit rating.
Please note that a grant application is not a guarantee of an award. retailTRUST will review all applications received and will prioritise the most urgent applications.
Should you wish to check the status of your application, you can track your application at any time though the grants portal.
What supporting documents will I need?
As part of the application process, you will need to provide supporting documentation which you can upload as you complete the form. Please be aware that retailTRUST can only evaluate your application if you have submitted all of the supporting documentation required.
Please take time to review the list below of accepted documents to ensure that you have everything to hand before you apply. We only require copies of these documents (including photocopies or photo images), so you do not need to submit originals. All documents MUST be dated within the last three months before your application.
Important! Failure to upload relevant documentation within 14 days will result in your application being automatically closed and you will need to restart the application process if you still require assistance.
Documents required include:
1. Proof of retail employment
If you are working in retail, you need to submit ONE of the following documents:
a) Three recent payslips (if currently working in retail).
b) A letter from your current employer confirming your dates of employment on company letter headed paper or sent via a company email address.
If you are of working age but have recently been made redundant from a role in retail, you need to submit ONE of the following documents:
a) Last three payslips from your retail employer.
b) A letter from your previous employer confirming your dates of employment on company letter headed paper or sent via a company email address from a qualifying retail organisation.
If you are self-employed, you need to submit ONE of the following documents:
a) Your company registration number.
b) A filed tax return.
If you are retired, you need to submit ONE of the following documents:
a) An occupational pension slip where it relates to retail service or a bank statement showing receipt of a retail pension.
b) A letter from your previous employer confirming your dates of employment on company letter headed paper sent via a company email address.
c) A P60.
d) Proof of pre-retirement retail employment on company letter headed paper sent via a company email address.
If you have any queries about the supporting documentation, please contact the retailTRUST helpline on 0808 801 0808.
2. Additional information required
Proof of income and expenditure:
All documents MUST be dated within the last three months before your application.
- A copy of your most recent bank statement. This needs to be an official statement showing your name and one full month’s worth of transactions. If you use internet banking you can easily download a copy of your statement.
Plus, if applicable:
- A letter of entitlement for benefits you or a member of your household is receiving.
Proof of need (examples):
- If your grant application relates to help with priority bills, we require a copy of these bills.
- If your grant request relates to help with household services we require suppliers’ quotes for any services. If your grant application relates to essential household goods such as a refrigerator, please include details of your requirements within your application summary. If approved, retailTRUST will arrange to purchase a suitable item from our preferred supplier and deliver directly to your home address.
- If your grant request relates to an illness or disability, we require a doctor’s letter, fitness for work note or an occupational therapist’s report in support of your application.
- If your grant request relates to help with debt, we require a supporting letter from an agency such as the Citizens Advice Bureau or other debt management agency or debt charity, confirming how you are managing your debts and any recommended debt solutions. If you would like help with debt, please take a look at our other content.
What happens after I apply for a grant?
Once you have applied, you will be able to see the progress of your submitted grant application via our online grants portal. Please use the email address and password you entered when registering on the grants portal.
If your application is successful, we will notify you in writing and we will then arrange to make the grant payment. Please note that payments are made directly to the creditor and not yourself.
If you have uploaded all the required documentation to support your application and have not received an email from retailTRUST after ten working days, you can check the status of your application by contacting the retailTRUST helpline on 0808 801 0808.
If you have any queries about completing or submitting grant application forms, please contact the retailTRUST helpline on 0808 801 0808, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Alternatively, you can send an email to [email protected]