As all of our non-essential services close, including our beloved gyms, we can struggle to fit in our regular exercise and fitness routines. Some gyms are livestreaming their classes so it is worth taking a look at their social channels to see what support is on offer.
Here are our nine favourite articles to motivate you and your loved ones.
1. Get inspired by Good Housekeeping’s 12 ways to stay fit and healthy while you are self-isolating.
2. If you know what you need to do but can’t push yourself to do it, check out some motivational tips from the Metro.
3. If the green goddess is still going, so can you! Videos from the original remote PT Diana Moran will be shared three times a week on BBC Breakfast.
4. Some structure might help you get through self-isolation. Here’s a 14-day plan from Pilates instructor Blogilates. The bonus of these workouts is that you don’t need any equipment and they’re all ‘quiet exercises’, perfect for when you have a full house!
5. To keep the kids entertained and active, join The Body Coach Joe Wicks in his live PE sessions for the whole family. There’s a huge range of equipment-free home workouts available on his YouTube channel, suitable for all abilities.
6. The NHS have provided some approved 10-minute exercises that you can do at home to get your heart rate up and feel better while you’re in the house. There’s a great selection from cardio to a firm butt workout!
7. If you are less mobile, you could try some chair-based stretches while you’re sat at your desk. Even a little bit of movement will lift your mood and improve your wellbeing.
8. How about a virtual fitness session with friends? As more of us use video calls to stay in touch with our friends and colleagues, you could arrange a regular virtual fitness session to guide and motivate each other.
9. Singing has proven physical and emotional benefits for your wellbeing. Gareth Malone is starting the Great British Home Chorus to get everyone singing together from home and the popular Rock Choir are offering a Keep Britain Singing singalong from home every day at 3pm via Facebook.