According to the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas), a workplace which encourages equality, diversity and inclusion can help:
- Keep employees motivated and happy
- Support a diverse range of customers
- Make the organisation more successful
- Prevent serious or legal issues arising
- Generate ideas and solve problems
- Attract and retain employees.
Acas have put together some helpful guidance on how to make your workplace more inclusive. Find out what your equality, diversity and inclusion policy could include, and how it can be put into practice. Acas have also provided a policy template.